Typically it is easier to spot what you DON’T like over what you do like. While cleaning out your closet, make sure to get rid of the no’s first to make this endeavor an easier one! A few things you should consider when throwing out are:
- Have I worn it in the past two years? Don’t keep something past its prime!
- Is it worn, damaged or unflattering? Make an upgrade!
- Does it pair well with at least 2-3 other pieces in my closet? If not, it’s not being worn, out with the old in with the new!
Once you have tossed the no’s it will be much easier to sort through the rest. We all have those pieces in our closet that we are unsure of, so turn your maybes into yes’s by following these simple steps:
- Invite your two best friends over, grab some refreshments, and make it a party! Who’s more honest than best friends?
- Freshen up your pieces by pairing them in NEW ways! Get inspiration from well-known blogs, magazines, and websites: imitation is the best form of flattery!
- If you can’t find a great way to wear it, toss it!
Once you have filtered through your maybes, added to the no pile, and hopefully recreated fun new looks- get organized!
- Get all of your clothes on the same hangers, our favorite are Velvet Slim Line Hangers- you’ll be amazed at the difference it makes!
- Coordinate by color and/or article (Pants, tops, dresses)
- Keep a photo book in your closet with ideas, inspiration and even photographs of some of your favorite go-to outfits. Don’t be afraid to snap a quick, full-length shot of yourself in an outfit you feel great in!